The New Era - All about Sweet Home since 1929

Fire severely damages home on 14th Avenue Monday

 

September 15, 2015

Photos by Sean C. Morgan Sweet Home firefighters shoot water into the attic, where the fire primarily burned and vented through the roof.

Fire severely damaged a home on 14th Avenue Monday afternoon.

Sweet Home Fire and Ambulance District personnel responded to the fire at 520 14th Ave. at 1:52 p.m. on Sept. 21.

The fire at the single-family residence was started by some ashes from an ashtray that was dumped outside, said Shannon Pettner, battalion chief. The home was being rented.

The renter, Jennifer Walker, was the only person at the residence and she got out of the house safely, Pettner said.

The owner of the house is Ronald Lawrence.

The fire burned up the the side of the house to the attic, she said.

“(The hous...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 06/13/2019 07:20