The New Era - All about Sweet Home since 1929

Resident extinguishes grease fire

 

October 11, 2016

Sweet Home firefighters approach a mobilehome which shows scorch marks visible to right of the bush next to the truck, after a grease fire inside on Monday afternoon, Oct. 3, in Trailer Villa, 3137 Main St. Fire Chief Dave Barringer said firefighters got a report of the blaze at 4:18 p.m. and responded with two engines, the chief’s rig and a medic unit to find that the resident, Darlene J. Wilson, had extinguished the fire with a garden hose. “There was light smoke in the structure when we got there,” Barringer said. The scorching largely was the result of a plastic vent cover that melted, he said.


 
 
Crockers_Cars

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018