The New Era - All about Sweet Home since 1929

Crockers_Cars

Sweet Home garage fire prompts spontaneous combustion warning

 

June 20, 2017



Spontaneous combustion is believed to be the cause of a fire that broke out late Saturday afternoon, June 17, at 1685 Cedar Street in Sweet Home.

Sweet Home Fire and Ambulance District responded with three engines and 10 firefighters to the report of a structure fire at that address, called in by a neighbor who noticed smoke coming from the roof vents of a garage with an apartment over it behind his home.

According to a SHFAD statement, the fire is believed to have originated from the spontaneous combustion of some rags that had been used to treat furniture with “teak oil” and placed...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018