The New Era - All about Sweet Home since 1929

By Scott Swanson
Of The New Era 

Fire destroys house to start busy Jamboree Sunday for SHFAD


August 8, 2017

SMOKE AND FLAMES from a grease fire in the Sweet Home Rotary booth rise, center, during Kenny Rogers’ Oregon Jamboree perfornance Sunday evening.

Sunday was a busy day for Sweet Home firefighters.

Already dealing with an influx of 14,000-some Jamboree fans on the high school and Sankey Park grounds, they started their morning with a house fire in the 3500 block of Juniper Street.

According the Sweet Home Fire and Ambulance District, personnel responding at 9:21 a.m. to a report of the blaze found the structure “well involved” when they arrived.

The fire moved into the residence from an attached shop and carport, according to a district statement.

Occupants of the house were two adults and a child. Names were unavailable.


For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019