The New Era - All about Sweet Home since 1929

Wood stove blamed for fire that destroyed Cascadia home

 

December 13, 2017

FIREFIGHTERS knock down flames in the demolished structure of a home on Cascadia Drive Saturday afternoon, Dec. 9.

Fire destroyed the home of a Cascadia man Saturday afternoon.

Sweet Home firefighters responded to a fully involved fire in the single-wide manufactured home at 47620 Cascadia Drive, east of the intersection of High Deck Road and Cascadia Drive and Short Bridge, at 2:34 p.m.

The cause of the fire was "combustible material too close to a wood stove," said Fire Chief Dave Barringer. Somebody had stoked the fire in the wood stove, and it later ignited the wall material behind the wood stove.

The occupant was sleeping on the couch, Barringer said. When he awakened, he saw the fire behind the...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 08/19/2018 05:19