The New Era - All about Sweet Home since 1929

Crockers_Cars

Resident: Ashes blamed for fire were in can for week

 

February 14, 2018

FIREFIGHTERS work to douse a blaze that damaged this house on Cedar Street.

In response to a report about a house fire at 1610 Cedar St. on Feb. 2, one of the three occupants of the residence, Janelle McClintic, offered more information about the incident.

A photo and information covering the fire appeared in the Feb. 7 edition of The New Era.

Fire investigators with Sweet Home Fire and Ambulance District had determined that the fire originated at a trash can that had ashes in it, noting no other ignition source in the area.

The fire report said that ashes had been placed in the can the night before the fire after residents had checked them to ensure they were co...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018