The New Era - All about Sweet Home since 1929

Apartment fire blamed on improperly discarded cigarettes

 

December 12, 2018

Fire heavily damaged an apartment in Sweet Home Tuesday evening, Dec. 4.

At 5:01 p.m. Tuesday, the Sweet Home Fire and Ambulance District was dispatched to an apartment fire at 2300 Main St.  Dispatchers told firefighters that occupants in one of the apartments were unable to get out.

When the first fire unit arrived, lames were showing inside the middle apartment on the first floor of a six-unit apartment building. The owner of the building was using a garden hose to put water on the flames, from outside the door. 

The occupant of the apartment that was on fire had already exited the...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018