The New Era - All about Sweet Home since 1929

Friday RV fire caused by cigarette, fire officials say

 

February 13, 2019



The Sweet Home Fire and Ambulance District determined that a cigarette caused an RV fire at 2115 Larch St. Friday evening, Feb. 8.

Firefighters responded to a report of the fire at 5:53 p.m. They found the RV parked in a gravel lot near a local business and residences.

Neighbors were uncertain if anyone was living in the RV, which had no power or heat sources. No one was there at the time of the fire.

The fire started on a bed at the front of the fifth-wheel trailer and was contained to that area, according to a SHFAD report, although extensive smoke and heat damage occurred throughout th...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019