Electrocution kills local man


February 20, 2019

A 47-year-old Sweet Home man died after he was electrocuted Monday morning, Feb. 18, while working at his home.

Louis Carde was “working on a home project, a kind of home-made wood burner,” said Lt. Michelle Duncan of the Linn County Sheriff’s Office. He was electrocuted by the device, which can be made from a part from a microwave oven and used to burn patterns into wood in a process involving baking soda and water, she said.

Medics and deputies responded to a report of the incident in the 28000 block of Ridgeway Road at 7:32 a.m. Carde was deceased at the scene, Duncan said.


For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 09/18/2021 20:13