The New Era - All about Sweet Home since 1929

Fern Ridge Fire


August 26, 2020

A doublewide manufactured home at 28041 Fern Ridge Road went up in flames at 7:49 a.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 18. No one was injured, but the property experienced a total of $90,000 in damage. The fire started from a discarded cigarette butt in the grass behind the back deck, according to the Sweet Home Fire and Ambulance District. "A local firefighter stopped by because he thought they had a burn pile," Assistant To The Chief Julie Mayfield said. "He stopped to let them know there's a burn ban in place, but then he noticed there was a fire coming from the structure."

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2023

Rendered 03/17/2023 01:24