Entek fire quickly extinguished
November 17, 2021
Lebanon Fire District personnel responded Tuesday morning, Nov. 16, to a fire at Entek manufacturing plant.
On arrival, responders were advised that a blender containing battery separation products had ignited and employees were attempting to put the fire out. Firefighters deployed hose lines and successfully extinguished it.
After investigation, it was determined that previous maintenance was done on the blender, and the mixing unit wasn’t restarted, causing the product to overheat and ignite.
Twelve units from the Lebanon, Albany, and Tangent fire departments responded to the incident...