Quick action stops shop fire


March 9, 2022

Quick thinking and prompt action prevented a potentially damaging structure fire Thursday night, March 3, at the McLain Racing motorcycle repair shop, 2099 Main St., fires officials said.

The incident was reported shortly after 7:30 p.m.

According to the Sweet Home Fire District, passersby noticed smoke coming from the building and called 911. The shop’s owner smelled the smoke and found the fire, whose source was reportedly a welding project that hadn’t sufficiently cooled.

The shop’s exhaust fan cleared much of the smoke, allowing him to enter the area and suppressed the fire’s pr...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2023

Rendered 09/25/2023 20:19