The New Era - All about Sweet Home since 1929

Fire stopped after discovery of electrical short in wall

 

May 18, 2022



Firefighters stopped a short at its source Sunday evening, May 15, at a home in the 40000 block of Mountain Home Drive.

The incident was reported at 11:45 p.m.

According to C Shift Battalion Chief Randy Whitfield, responding personnel arrived to find light smoke inside the home and discovered a hot spot near the electrical panel. They determined that an improperly installed wall cord had shorted out and caused a fire within the home’s siding. However, the fire was contained around the wiring area, with no overall damage to the structure.

The home’s residents were encouraged to repair th...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 06/27/2022 17:47