From Our Files (June 1, 2022)


June 1, 2022

June 1, 1972

The week was busy for firefighters as they were called to four area fires.

A trailer home at the Westport Trailer Court was lost to fire due to a leaking propane tank ignited by a furnace pilot light. The Smith family was not home when it happened. A fuse box fire caused minor damage to the residence of Jack Morris, 997 ½ 42nd Ave.

The Willamette Industries Sweet Home sawmill put to work three fire units for two hours to extinguish a sawdust fire that ignited in the cyclone, and the fire department responded to a call at the Ed Graville home on Miniville Road to extinguish a...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2023