The New Era - All about Sweet Home since 1929

From Our Files (June 15, 2022)

 

June 15, 2022



June 15, 1972

A potentially dangerous fire was averted at Cascadia by an employee of a gas company and the Sweet Home Fire Dept.

Cal-Gas Co. of Albany was filling a propane tank at the Amos Horner residence at Cascadia, but when the gas man disconnected the fill run from the tank, the excess flow valves did not work. Liquid propane gas spewed into the air, within 100 to 120 feet of the Horner house.

The gas company employee alerted the residents and shut down electricity and pilot lights. The fire department used water to push the flammable liquid away from the house. They spent more than...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 06/26/2022 23:03