The New Era - All about Sweet Home since 1929

Melodic fanfare at the East Linn Museum

 

December 28, 2022

File Photo

Members of the Ault Band in Holley prepare to play in 1909.

The East Linn Museum is now closed for the winter until February.

In the meantime, we ponder the ghostly sounds we imagine rising in its darkened recesses.

We know the main room once served as a school for the Sunnyside district. After the construction of the dams and flooding of the reservoirs upstream on the South Santiam River, the school faced demolition. But, when moved and rebuilt, it served two churches before becoming the museum.

Therefore, if we could hear voices raised in song from the past, would one side of the room feature young voices singing "AB-C-D-E-F-G" and verging w...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2022

Rendered 02/05/2023 02:52