From Our Files (May 31, 2023)
May 31, 2023
May 31, 1973
George Finer, 60, died after being stung by a bee or similar insect near his home.
He and his wife were on their way to put water in a trough for cattle when they apparently stirred up a nest of bees on the outside stairway. The bees swarmed around the couple, and Finder returned to his house and died moments later.
Reports indicate Finer was stung only once, on the arm, but complained of feeling sharp, pin-point type pains all over his face and body.
Amos Horner, president of TOMCO Forest Products Inc., plans to donate the old Geil Veneer Plant site, including the mill pon...