Fire damages shop, contents

A fire seriously damaged a shop at 28830 Brushwood Lane Monday afternoon.

Firefighters responded to the fire at 12:18 p.m. They found heavy smoke showing from the eves of the 24-foot by 24-foot shop and extinguished the fire.

A smoldering fire in sawdust beneath a router started the shop fire, Fire Chief Mike Beaver said.

The owner of the shop, contractor Dan Darwood, was doing some woodworking in the morning and used several woodworking tools around the origin of the fire prior to leaving at 10 a.m.

The fire caused about $10,000 in damage to the structure and $30,000 to $40,000 in damage to the contents of the shop.

Responding to the fire were three engines, three water tenders and one command vehicle. Tenders from Lebanon and Brownsville were among the responding units.